Course in Firearms Safety (10618NAT)
This course is a pre requisite to obtain a firearms licence in Queensland. A person undertaking the 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety, will need to demonstrate an adequate knowledge of The National Firearms Safety Code, the different categories of firearms as well as the general firearms safety practices for the safe use, storage and maintenance of the categories of weapon(s) that they are applying for.
Anyone 18 years of age or over may apply for a Queensland Weapons Licence provided they satisfy the following criteria:
- Are a resident of Queensland (proof of address required on application)
- Are a fit and proper person
- Have not, within the past five years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order
- Have a genuine reason for a licence
- Can demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms; and
- Have access to secure storage.
- Notepad and pen
- Closed in shoes
- USI Number (obtainable from https://www.usi.gov.au/)
This qualification for this course will be issued by TALON Training (RTO 41173)
Courses are run regularly with availability shown on the calendar below. Click on the appropriate day to book online.