[accordion_toggle title=”Brisbane Gun Club Rules”]
Brisbane Gun Club Rules
REMEMBER – Safety at our shooting complex is critical
All shooters must behave in a responsible manner, being sure to display safe firearms handling at all times. A visit to the club should be a pleasurable, safe experience every time.
- Every person must complete the Range Register, prior to actually shooting, on each day they use a firearm on the range.
- The Brisbane Gun Club is a Fauna and Flora reserve. Shooting at wildlife is prohibited.
- The use of eye and hearing protection is strongly encouraged at all times while shooting – eye protection MUST be worn while shooting Skeet or Sporting.
- Guns MUST be carried unloaded with the breach open at all times. Semi-automatic / pump-action guns must be carried with the muzzle pointed upwards. It is preferable to carry break-action guns with the muzzle pointing forward in order to avoid accidentally striking somebody with the barrels.
- Guns MUST be in the shooters’ possession at all times or otherwise safely secured.
- No more than two cartridges shall be loaded at any time in any firearm. An unlicensed participant may only shoot double barrel if they are a current member of either an ACTA, SSAA or FITASC organisation with a firearms application in process with prior approval granted by the range officer and the discipline captain informed.
- No gun should be closed except when the shooter is located as follows:
- on the tracks / station, ready to shoot; or
- at the pattern plate; or
- at a designated area with the approval of the Range Officer.
- In the event of a misfire or gun malfunction, the shooter shall keep his / her gun pointed in the direction of the target area and call for the range officer / referee’s assistance.
- Immediately after shooting from any station the gun must be opened while still pointed in the direction of the target area – when shooting ‘Down the Line’ (DTL) and Olympic Trap, all cartridges MUST be removed from the gun when moving from lane 5 to lane 1.
- On the appearance of a red flag from the trap house all shooters MUST immediately open their guns and unload.
- Maximum shot size permitted on this range is No.6.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol are NOT PERMITTED TO SHOOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Alcohol may only be consumed within the licensed areas.
- People using the club must be dressed appropriately (ie neat casual). Covered footwear MUST be worn while shooting – thongs, singlets or camouflage outfits are not permitted.
- Any person considered to be in breach of any safety rule will be immediately suspended by the Committee, pending an investigation into their actions by the relevant body.
- Any person committing an unsafe or anti-social act shall be liable for suspension, disqualification or other action as determined by the Committee.
Approved by the Committee on 23 October 2007 and updated on 4 December 2013.