Firearms Safety Course
The Course in Firearms Safety (10618NAT) is a prerequisite for new shooters wishing to obtain a firearms licence in Queensland. Courses are held every month at Brisbane Gun Club.
Brisbane Gun Club, Mount Petrie Road, Belmont QLD 4153
Anyone 18 years of age or over may apply for a Queensland Weapons Licence provided they satisfy the following criteria:
- Are a resident of Queensland (proof of address required on application)
- Are a fit and proper person
- Have not, within the past five years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order
- Have a genuine reason for a licence
- Can demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms; and
- Have access to secure storage.
- Photo identification
- Notepad and pen
- Closed in shoes
- USI Number
The qualification for this course will be issued by TALON Training (RTO 41173)
Bookings are available online through the link below (Please Note – This link will redirect to our training provider FORTAC)